Wolf – Mountain
The natural wild forests and the difficult accessibility of the Carpathian Mountains represent one of the few refuges of the wolf population in Europe. Here a strong population can be found, which is expanding in number and territories. Their main natural prey is represented by the red deer, followed by the wild boar and the roe deer. It weighs 30-70 kg, but there were instances when the wolf weighed 80 kg. The length of the head and trunk in the male is 120-140 cm, the height at the withers is 75-90 cm. The wolf’s color varies and, depending on the seasons and areas where is living, it can vary between light gray to yellowish-grey, having blackish shades. The breeding season is all February. The spread of the wolf in Romania can be found on plains, hills and mountains.
Being one of the most difficult hunt in Europe and also one with the smallest chance of success, wolf hunting is still one of the most beautiful hunt, very few are those that can be proud of such of trophy. The hunting methods used are the high-seat hunting and driven hunt. The best time for hunting wolves is during the winter when it can be combined with trophy boar hunting. Wolves may appear randomly at chases organized for wild boars or while still-hunting brown bears, but the hunter who wants to hunt only wolves has to reserve his time.
Romania holds the world record of the species and occupies five positions among the world’s most valuable 10 wolf furs; as for the skull, it holds the third position. Romania exceeded in 1997 its own world record for the wolf fur trophy with 186,17 CIC points. When it comes to the wolves that register a relatively high natural growth of population, the excess should be harvested by proper hunting methods, like the still hunt or the driven hunt. In rank the first 10 furs are over 154 CIC points, and the first 10 skulls are over 40 points.
Period of Hunting
- CLOSED FOR THE MOMENT
Package off the hunting Wolf is 1100 euro + Trophy Price
The price includes:
- 4 days guided hunting 1:1
- 5 days accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License
- Assistance throughout the hunting
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include:
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies home
- Recording in full hd video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
Trophy Price – Wolf : 1000 euro
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a wolf hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(30-06; 8×57; 9,3×62; 300wm; 8x68S) / ammunition(norma orix, vulkan) blaser cdp, cdc) rws uni classic, brenneke tog, sako hammerhead / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56; 2x12x50; 2,5x15x56; 3x12x56
- Tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Backpack special for mountin
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Flashlight and headlamp
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex), Silent clothing, wind proof
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Camo color
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Very good, well broken in heavy shoes in heavy mountain shoes (no sneakers) with silent sole
- Socks / Tights / Spats
- Mountain Equipment dedicated
We have many wild hunting area for red stag in Romania, is best opportunity to hunt red stag on romanian hills with best view hunting...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Wolf hunting on wild hills is still one of the most beautiful hunt, very few are those that can be proud with such of romanian wolf trophy ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Hunting chamois in the wild Carpathian Mountains of Romania for best lifetime hunt experience. Hunt chamois by stalking, this type of hunting...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
With almost 70% of the total population of the brown bear of Europe, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear you can hunt ...