Roebuck – Mountain
Roebuck (capreolus capreolus): the denomination refers to both sexes. The male is called roebuck, and the female roe deer, the baby up to ten months of age is called hen. The male length of the body (head and trunk) in the rake is 95-135 cm, the height at the withers is 65-75 cm and the body weight is 20-25 kg. The roe deer attains a maximum lifespan (in the wild) of 10 years. When alarmed, it will bark a sound much like a dog and flash out its white rump patch. Rump patches differ between the sexes, with the white rump patches heart-shaped on females and kidney-shaped on males. Males may also bark or make a low grunting noise. Females make a high-pitched “pheep” whine to attract males during the rut (breeding season) in July 15 and August 15. Initially, the female goes looking for a mate and commonly lures the buck back into her territory before mating. The roebuck is territorial, and while the territories of a male and a female might overlap, other roebuck of the same sex are excluded unless they are the doe’s offspring of that year.
AHSFT ( Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) is pleased to offer the opportunity for you to stalk these little beauties in the stunning scenery of Carpathian Mountains, Romania. With representative and medal heads present on our wild grounds, the stalking takes place across challenging, yet beautiful terrain. Romania proves itself a formidable trial for any experienced hunter, providing you with a hunting achievement you’ll be proud of for years to come. The hunting of the roebuck in Romania can be performed by various methods like still-hunting, chasing of the roebuck in the mating period and also the calling. The roebuck trophy consists of the horns with the skull or part of it. The peak trophies are up to 211.67 CIC points and the first 10 trophies are over 176 CIC points.
Period of Hunting
- From May 1 to October 15
Package of hunting Roebuck is priced at 1100 euro + Trophy cost
The price includes:
- 3 day guided hunting 1:1
- 4 nights accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License
- Assistance throughout the hunt
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include:
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies
- Recording in full HD video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a roebuck hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(22-250; 243; 6,5×55; 270wm) / ammunition(norma orix, vulkan) blaser cdp, cdc) rws uni classic, brenneke tog, sako hammerhead / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56; 2x12x50; 2,5x15x56; 3x12x56
- Tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Backpack special for mountain
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Flashlight and headlamp
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex)
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Very good, well broken in heavy mountain shoes (no sneakers) with silent sole
- Socks / Tights / Spats
Hunting chamois in the wild Carpathian Mountains of Romania for best lifetime hunt experience. Hunt chamois by stalking, this type of hunting...
3 DAYS HUNTING STAY
With almost 70% of the total population of the brown bear of Europe, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear you can hunt ...
4 DAYS HUNTING STAY
We have many wild hunting area for red stag in Romania, in the lowland forests, hills and Carpathian Mountains of Romania. Hunting Red Stag ...
4 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Main method for hunting wild boar is the driven hunt. Large areas of dense forest are beaten through with dogs or beaters to drive the wild boar ...