Red stag – Hill
Red stag (Cervus elaphus): The male is called a red stag or bull, the female is called the red deer or the hind, the baby up to the age of 10 months is called the deer calf. The adult red stag has the length of the trunk head up to 240-250 cm, the tail 12-16 cm, the height at the withers 152-155 cm. Body weight varies depending on age and different biological phases in the annual life cycle, so the average weight of harvested males is 240-250kg eviscerated, weighing 300-320kg live or more. Mating takes about one month (10 September -10 October) ranging from altitude to weather.
Male red stag have a distinctive roar during the rut, which is an adaptation to forested environments, in contrast to male American elk stags which “bugle” during the rut in adaptation to open environments. The male red stag roars to keep his harem of females together. The females are initially attracted to those males that both roar most often and have the loudest roar call. Males also use the roar call when competing with other males for females during the rut, and along with other forms of posturing and antler fights, is a method used by the males to establish dominance. Roaring is most common during the early dawn and late evening, which is also when the crepuscular deer are most active in general.
In summer the color of the species is reddish- brown and grayish-brown in winter. Between the years of 1981-1985 the world record belonged to Romania with a 261,25 CIC points trophy. The national record for this species was acquired in 2003(264,51 CIC points). Red stag may be hunted in a few ways as: stalking in the morning and evening or waiting on high-seats at the places that are frequented. The spreading of the deer in Romania lies both in the lowland forests, hills and mountains areas.
Period of Hunting
- From September 1 to December 15
Package off the hunting Red stag is 1100 euro + Trophy Price List
The price includes:
- 4 day guided hunting 1:1
- 5 days accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License (3 star hotel Standard Accommodation) – for more hotels check in Accommodation tab
- Assistance throughout the hunting
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include:
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies home
- Recording in full hd video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
Trophy Price List – Red stag
|Trophy weight (Kg)||EURO||EURO/10g|
|Up to 7.00||2040|
|7.01 – 8.00||2400||9|
|8.01 – 9.00||3240||10|
|9.01 – 10||4200||14|
|10.01 – 11||5400||25|
|11.01 – 11.50||7800||62|
|Wounded and not recovered||3000|
Speacial Offer for clients witch whant to hunt red stags starting from 11.01 kg the Package off the hunting has a discount of 50%
Speacial Offer for clients witch whant to hunt red stags starting from 11.51 kg the Package off the hunting is for FREE and 5 % discount from Trophy Price
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a red stag hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(30-06; 8×57; 9,3×62; 300wm; 8x68S) / ammunition(norma orix, vulkan) blaser cdp, cdc) rws uni classic, brenneke tog, sako hammerhead / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56; 2x12x50; 2,5x15x56; 3x12x56
- Tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Flashlight and headlamp
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex)
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Camo color
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Very good, well broken in heavy shoes (no sneakers) with silent sole
- Socks / Tights / Spats
Hotel 3 Stars – Standard Accommodation
It is specially designed to provide the best ambiance and relaxation after a game of hunting. It has a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. Overlooks the garden, a restaurant and a bar where guests can dine and enjoy drinks.
Pension 4 Stars – High Accommodation
It is built in antebellar Romanian style according to 4-star classification standards. Solid or antique wood furniture. The complex also has 2 restaurants with terraces, one in rustic Romanian style arranged in the style of an old mill and the other decorated in the style of Han where traditional Romanian dishes are served.
Hotel 5 Stars – Luxury Accommodation
In addition to the amazing surroundings of nature, there is a tennis court, a football field with turf, full paintball equipment, a minibowling track, billiards, table tennis, fitness machines, outdoor pool and two saunas.
Nothing beats the pure adrenaline rush of going one on one with a big wild boar on romanian forest hills. Hunting the wild boar on hills ...
3 DAYS HUNTING STAY
This is opportunity for you to hunt roebuck and stalk these little beauties in the stunning hills scenery around Carpathian Mountains, Romania ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
This is the world of wild brown bear hunts and our area of the Romanian hills is well known for monster brown bears living wild on forest from hills ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Wolf hunting on wild hills is still one of the most beautiful hunt, very few are those that can be proud with such of romanian wolf trophy ...