Chamois (rupicapra rupicapra): the name of the chamois generically refers to both genders. The male is called the he-chamois; the female chamois and a chick up to 10 months is called hen. In the Romanian Carpathian Mountains, the biggest chamois in the whole word can be found; the chamois in Romania can only be found in the Carpathian Mountains area.
The world record of 141.1 CIC points was awarded to Romania in 1937, as well as 7 of the top 10 trophies of the world. Since 1990, more trophies with more than 120 CIC points have been awarded, but the most common and most popular were more than 110 CIC points for he-chamois and over 105 CIC points for chamois.
The male length of the trunk with the head is 110-130 cm, the height at the withers 70-80 cm and the weight between 40 and 60 kg alive. Breeding season is between September 10 – October 10 ranging with altitude and weather.
Hunting is carried out by stalking, this type of hunting offering the opportunity to enjoy the wild nature of the Carpathian Mountains of Romania but also to watch the behavior of the chamois in its natural environment with no rush.
Period of Hunting
- From 1 September to 15 December
Package off the hunting Chamois is 1100 euro + Trophy Price List
The price includes:
- 4 days guided hunting 1:1
- 5 day accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License
- Assistance throughout the hunting
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include:
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies home
- Recording in full hd video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
Trophy Price List for Chamois
|Trophy C.I.C Points||EURO||EURO/C.I.C POINT|
|up to 95||1,560|
|95.1 – 100||1,560||62|
|100.1 – 105 (Bronze)||1,920||125|
|105.1 – 110 (Silver)||2,520||185|
|over 110 (Gold)||3,360||255|
|Wounded and not recovered||1,500|
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a chamois hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(270wsm; 300wm; 8x68S; 338) / ammunition (norma orix,vulkan) blaser cdp,cdc) rws hit, evergreen, ballistic tip, accubond / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56;2x12x50;2,5x15x56;3x12x56; 6x24x56 etc
- tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Backpack special for mountain
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex)
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Mountin boots/ hiking boot
- Socks / Tights / Spats
- Mountain Equipment dedicated
With almost 70% of the total population of the brown bear of Europe, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear you can hunt ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
We have many wild hunting area for red stag in Romania, in the lowland forests, hills and Carpathian Mountains of Romania. Hunting Red Stag ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Main method for hunting wild boar is the driven hunt. Large areas of dense forest are beaten through with dogs or beaters to drive the wild boar ...
3 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Roebuck hunting in Carpathian Mountains of Romania has become a wonderful tradition among rifle hunters. The season of hunting starts ...