Brown Bear – Mountain
Brown bears (ursus arctos) have a large global distribution which reflects their ability to adapt to a variety of habitats. With almost 70% of Europe’s total population of the brown bear, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear; here you can hunt in the wild Carpathian Mountains, and also have a lifetime experience. In 1985, Romania exceeded its own world record for the brown bear fur with a trophy of 687,79 CIC points.
They are amongst the largest living carnivores and can grow to an enormous size, male body length is between 217-260 cm, height at withers 110-135 cm and up to 450kg, and females to 400kg, with the biggest on record being caught in Romania weighing 480kg. Adult males tend to be on average 8 to 10% larger than females. They have good hearing, an excellent sense of smell and can live for up to 30 years. Breeding season of the brown bear is from April to June. The spread of the brown bear in Romania is in the hills and mountains.
However, when hunters venture into bear habitat, several factors need to be considered in order to avoid disturbing habitat and the bears themselves. It is also important to ensure the safety of hunters, and respect correct protocols for behaviour whilst in brown bear country. The brown bear hunting can be done with the special permission of the ministry.
Period of Hunting
- From March 15 to May 15
- From September 1 to December 31
- CLOSED FOR THE MOMENT
Package off the hunting Brown Bear is 1100 euro + Trophy Price List
The price includes:
- 4 days guided hunting 1:1
- 5 days accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License
- Assistance throughout the hunting
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies home
- Recording in full hd video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
Trophy Price List – Brown Bear
|Trophy C.I.C Points||EURO||EURO/C.I.C POINT|
|Up to 350||5500|
|351 – 400||8400|
|Over 401||8500||+ 62 per point|
|Wounding- bear not found||4000|
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a brown bear hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(30-06; 8×57; 9,3×62; 300wm; 8x68S) / ammunition(norma orix, vulkan) blaser cdp, cdc) rws uni classic, brenneke tog, sako hammerhead / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56; 2x12x50; 2,5x15x56; 3x12x56
- Tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Backpack special for mountin
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Flashlight and headlamp
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex), Silent clothing, wind proof
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Camo color
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Very good, well broken in heavy shoes in heavy mountain shoes (no sneakers) with silent sole
- Socks / Tights / Spats
- Mountain Equipment dedicated
Hunting chamois in the wild Carpathian Mountains of Romania for best lifetime hunt experience. Hunt chamois by stalking, this type of hunting...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
With almost 70% of the total population of the brown bear of Europe, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear you can hunt ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Natural wild forests and the difficult accessibility of Carpathian Mountains represent one of the few refuges of the wolf population in Europe ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Main method for hunting wild boar is the driven hunt. Large areas of dense forest are beaten through with dogs or beaters to drive the wild boar ...