Brown Bear – Hill
Brown bears (ursus arctos) have a large global distribution which reflects their ability to adapt to a variety of habitats. With almost 70% of the total population of the brown bear of Europe, Romania is without doubt European Capital of Brown Bear where you can hunt in wild hills around Carpathian Mountains, and have also a lifetime experience. In 1985, Romania exceeded its own world record for the brown bear fur with a trophy of 687,79 CIC points.
They are amongst the largest living carnivores and can grow to an enormous size, male body length is between 217-260 cm, height at withers 110-135 cm and up to 450kg, and females to 400kg, with the biggest on record being caught in Romania weighing 480kg. Adult males tend to be on average 8 to 10% larger than females. They have good hearing, an excellent sense of smell and can live for up to 30 years. Breeding season of the brown bear is from April to June. The spread of the brown bear in Romania is in the hills and mountains.
However, when hunters venture into bear habitat, several factors need to be considered in order to avoid disturbing habitat and the bears themselves. It is also important to ensure the safety of hunters, and respect correct protocols for behaviour whilst in brown bear country. The brown bear hunting can be done with the special permission of the ministry.
Period of Hunting
- From March 15 to May 15
- From September 1 to December 31
- CLOSED FOR THE MOMENT
Package off the hunting Brown Bear is 1100 euro + Trophy Price List
The price includes:
- 4 days guided hunting 1:1
- 5 days accommodation with full board Romanian Hunting License (3 star hotel Standard Accommodation) – for more hotels check in Accommodation tab
- Assistance throughout the hunting
- Planning a hunting ground (holes, huts, tents and camouflage towers, decoys, callers and others)
- Return transfers between the airport and the hunting district
- All transport in the hunting district
The price does not include
- Trophy Fees
- Shipment of trophies home
- Recording in full hd video and pictures of the hunts (extra costs)
- Drinks, gratuities and everything else not mentioned under “the price includes”
Trophy Price List – Brown Bear
|Trophy C.I.C Points||EURO||EURO/C.I.C POINT|
|Up to 350||5500|
|351 – 400||8400|
|Over 401||8500||+ 62 per point|
|Wounding- bear not found||4000|
The following list of items is what AHSFT (Association of Hunters and Sports Fishermen Tomis) considers to be a necessity to enjoy a brown bear hunt in Romania to the fullest, and we suggest not leaving home without them.
Medication / Toiletries:
- First aid kit, personal medication
- Painkillers / aspirin
- Dextrose (eg dextroamphetamine Energen) / multivitamin-mineral
- Wound Creme (eg Bepanthen) wound disinfectant ointment (eg Betaisadona) for minor injuries
- Toiletries / paper handkerchiefs / Hakle Feucht
- Caliber(30-06; 8×57; 9,3×62; 300wm; 8x68S) / ammunition(norma orix, vulkan) blaser cdp, cdc) rws uni classic, brenneke tog, sako hammerhead / lockable gun case / riflescope 8×56; 2x12x50; 2,5x15x56; 3x12x56
- Tripod , bipod
- Hunting knife max. 14 cm blade length
- Spotting scope / binoculars professional
- Flashlight and headlamp
- Travel Alarm Clock
- Charging for Batteries
- Sunglasses for shining days
- Breathable, lightweight clothing (best Sympatex / Goretex), Silent clothing, wind proof
- Lightweight Loden jacket / windbreaker
- 2 light but tight pants
- Camo color
- Light sweater
- Spare clothes (underwear)
- Belts / Braces
- Handkerchiefs / towels
- Very good, well broken in heavy shoes (no sneakers) with silent sole
- Socks / Tights / Spats
Hotel 3 Stars – Standard Accommodation
It is specially designed to provide the best ambiance and relaxation after a game of hunting. It has a seasonal outdoor pool and barbecue facilities. Overlooks the garden, a restaurant and a bar where guests can dine and enjoy drinks.
Pension 4 Stars – High Accommodation
It is built in antebellar Romanian style according to 4-star classification standards. Solid or antique wood furniture. The complex also has 2 restaurants with terraces, one in rustic Romanian style arranged in the style of an old mill and the other decorated in the style of Han where traditional Romanian dishes are served.
Hotel 5 Stars – Luxury Accommodation
In addition to the amazing surroundings of nature, there is a tennis court, a football field with turf, full paintball equipment, a minibowling track, billiards, table tennis, fitness machines, outdoor pool and two saunas.
Nothing beats the pure adrenaline rush of going one on one with a big wild boar on romanian forest hills. Hunting the wild boar on hills ...
3 DAYS HUNTING STAY
This is opportunity for you to hunt roebuck and stalk these little beauties in the stunning hills scenery around Carpathian Mountains, Romania ...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
We have many wild hunting area for red stag in Romania, is best opportunity to hunt red stag on romanian hills with best view hunting...
5 DAYS HUNTING STAY
Wolf hunting on wild hills is still one of the most beautiful hunt, very few are those that can be proud with such of romanian wolf trophy ...